mother-scratcher

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Knitting progress.

Well, I knitted up the Juniper bonnet this weekend. It was too small for Cedra's big ol' nog. I'd gone up a needle size and added a few stitches to each end of the border in anticipation of this probability, but no luck. I have to re-juggle the fanning pattern to bring it up a size. I'm determined to succeed.

But I did finish and seam up a sweater I've been working on for six weeks, my first Irish cable-knit project ever. We put it on her for a twenty minute trip to Rainbow Grocery saturday night...

SabraSweater


...and of course it's been pushing 70 degrees out every day since. Not that I'm complaining about that; after two winters in Portland I'm always grateful for the sonnenschein.

In other news, Michael and I are leaving for Carmel thursday morning for our first trip of two consecutive Cedra-free nights ever. I mean the first in 20 months, but it seems like forever. It's our anniversary. Honestly, we'll probably sleep for three days; I can't wait.

11 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger posthipchick said...

Oh god, have a GREAT time.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap sabra's cute. I hear myself saying that every time you post a picture, and every time I do it I vow to stop saying it because it sounds so predictable. but seriously, so f'ing cute. and nice work on the sweater. It looks great.

have fun in carmel. sounds really wonderful.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger CF said...

Happy Anniversary!

Awesome sweater, Sabra is adorable.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

wow! that sweater and the girl in it are gorgeous! very impressive ensemble. love the shopping cart stroller as well. Very grocery-chic.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Alisyn said...

Have a great time in Carmel -- hope you get knocked up!

;)

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger kristenL said...

seriously nice job on the sweater.
Have a great time in Carmel, sprinkle yourself with baby faery dust.
Excuse me while I barf- i can't even write that in jest.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger mo-wo said...

happy aniversary. have a good trip.

Listen that sweater looks great but what I wonder about is the boots. At what age can a mother expect to get her independent daughter to tolerate the boots?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

that is an awesome sweater! good work.

Carmel is wonderful. have a great time.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Llama_school said...

Thanks all, the sweater was a hard won accomplishment.

Mo-Wo, re: the boots, it was the side zips that sold her on them, I think. She watched an adult friend zip up some knee-high boots shortly before we got them, and she was drop-jawed. She always closely supervises the zipping of her boots.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger BITE MY COOKIE said...

i want her. and one of those sweaters, too. and i am having a *VERY* hard time believing that last line of your post. VERY. happy anniversary.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home