mother-scratcher

Monday, November 14, 2005

Everybody's funny.

My parents are in town. I know it's low, real low to mock your parents, at least after you turn twenty-five or so. But they make it so easy.

They're staying at The Ovation, next door to the San Francisco Ballet. But when my dad gives a geographical description of the hotel's location, he says it's "across from that mosque thing," "that mosque thing" being CITY HALL. Seems that since late 2001, any building with a gold dome on it is a mosque to my dad.

In other news, we're going up to scenic Vacaville today. My mom's internet research indicates that Vacaville has a Guess factory outlet, and my dad is on a quest for Guess jeans like they made in the old days. The old days being 1985. Seems the pockets on the new jeans are too high, and they don't have darts in the front. I could add that they aren't acid washed either, but mocking your parents is real low. I didn't even know that Guess still made clothing.

In still more news, Cedra has turned into a nay-sayer. It sounds more like "nang." "Nang!" "Nang!" She's sitting behind me eating a bag of Chee-tohs provided by my parents and watching television. But my parents are supposedly keeping an eye on her, so will I put a stop to it? Nang! These people exhaust me.

6 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank gawd you came back for a sec. all i can say is ahahahaha. i keep coming back to sneak a peek at that shot of sabra the angry octopus.

foo has recently just learned the word no in all its contexts somehow - we use ah-ah-ah to get her to stop doing bad things. ahhhh, nay-saying sucks.

but, dang. chee-tohs. nang!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Llama_school said...

Regarding the chee-tohs: says my mom, holding up the bag: "but they don't have trans-fats!"

Never fear, Michael got up a few minutes later and snatched them away from her.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, I have to ask: what is it like when your parents and your husband's mom are together in the same room? your parents sound kind of like mine, and let's just say mine wouldn't know what to do or say around a lady like the MIL you've been describing. . .

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Alisyn said...

Ah, the 'rents. Do you have that feeling, like I do, of being superior to, and judged by, them, at the same time? What is that?! Whatever it is, they can bring it like no other.

Hang in there.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny! your parents are the best.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Granny said...

Hi.

That mosque thing? Scenic vacaville?

I'm playing catch-up on my first visit here. Love the octopus.

I've known Dutch on line for a while now but had missed you somehow

I'm a transplanted San Franciscan who used to live around the corner from the "mosque thing". Now retired in CA central valley raising great-granddaughters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home